Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Military Gays: What's Really Important?

There's a ton of chatter going on with the latest on the "Don't ask/Don't tell" policy regarding openly gay Americans serving in the US military. When I served during the Clinton Administration the don't ask don't tell policy was the current way of dealing with gays in the military. I ask "dealing with"? What is there to deal with?





Can you do pull ups? Can you run three miles? Can you operate your weapon system proficiently? These are the questions I cared about. I didn't care if you were a White backwoods Arkansas hick, a Black basketball player from the Florida, a Female from California, a Muslim from Nevada, or a Gay person from Philadelphia. If you can perform your duties as a soldier and not let the person next to you down in a stressful situation then you may fight next to me. If you can shoot straight and fire on the bad guys while I'm reloading then you can fight next to me.

And if you can do this...












Then you can fight next to me.

-Sarge-

No comments:

Post a Comment