Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The History of the Warrior Workout

What is Going On?
There is a workout that I have been developing for the past twelve years, I have been utilizing lately as a personal trainer, and I call it the Warrior Workout. There have been a few widely used and very popular variations of the original workout such as the P90 and now the P90X, as well as many so called body "boot camps". The predecessor to all of these workouts is the Navy SeAL (Sea Air Land) Workout. 
The History
I was taught the SeAL Workout when working with one of the teams on some special operations training missions in southern California. The deal was I teach them how to shoot like a Marine scout sniper and they would teach me some of their combative martial arts and their workout. What I learned was a military calisthenic based workout that relied on "muscle confusion" and focused on the body's core (abs and back) while maintaining a full body workout with out the use of any equipment whatsoever...a true full body "boot camp" workout. What I have done since learning the workout, noticing what is wrong with the P90 and other body boot camps, and have learned through training people of all levels of fitness is I have tweaked the workout to push the individual to build a strong core, increase strength and improve cardiovascular fitness. In addition to the original workout I have added the Sun Salutation yoga poses to increase flexibility and mobility, which with age becomes increasingly important.

The Future is Now
I will be running the Warrior Workout on the weekends starting after the New Year. During the week I will be working part time as a personal trainer at a couple of gyms and incorporating some combative mixed martial arts bag work with the Warrior Workout for an extra calorie burning experience. Stay tuned because in February Gushollywood Productions will be filming the workout above the Hollywood sign in California with a DVD release soon to follow! I will also be releasing you-tube videos of each of the exercises for everyone to try.

Lastly, what is great about this Warrior Workout that I have developed is the fact that you don't need any equipment or a gym to do the workout. I have run the workout on a basketball court, flight deck of an aircraft carrier, hotel room, the park, and someones front lawn once...you can do the workout almost anywhere.

Buy Nuvia3
Also...If you are interested in getting some nutritional energy drinks or would like to become a distributor please click on my link below and I will set you up:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment